Stage 2 – Refine
When you’ve been practicing for a while and you feel more secure about getting clients, you may start to realize that what you used to worry about when you were a new practitioner has pretty much resolved itself: you’ve got the confidence you need to practice, but now things are coming up that leave you stumped.
For example, you may realize that you’re pretty busy, but you still can’t make ends meet. You know you should raise your rates, but you’re afraid that you’ll lose clients if you raise them enough to make a living and feel good about yourself.
Or when you started, you wanted to help people who really couldn’t afford it. Now it feels like you’ve got to let go of that as “youthful idealism” because it just doesn’t fit with eating on a regular basis.
Maybe you think about the fact that your work helps everyone, but deep inside, you have to admit that you like some of your clients more than others.
You could be attracting quite a few people, but only a few of them commit to work with you long enough to understand what your work is really about.
Or maybe you’ve the opposite problem: most people who come for a first session tend to become long-term clients, but there just are not enough people coming for the first time.
The second stage of the Practitioner Journey is a lot about energy and bringing it into balance so that what you give out and what you get back has a positive effect on you. Some of the learning themes of this stage are about how to:
- Find clients who fit best with you so that your marketing efforts are more efficient.
- Discover and develop your strengths so that you can use them to full advantage instead of constantly trying to overcome your weaknesses.
- Attract more clients like the ones you most enjoy working with.
- Know your clients deeply so that you can give them the value that makes them want to schedule an appointment with you.
- Enroll clients more easily, in a way that feels natural and authentic, so that they can fully commit to partnering with you on their own journey of transformation.
- Create and deliver a signature talk that makes it easy to show up and give people reason to become a client or refer friends who need your help.
- Increase your local visibility and your referral base among clients and people who know you are the “go-to” expert for the work you do.
Here’s the thing:
It isn’t going to happen overnight.
Refining your practice is well worth the time, energy and money you invest in it because it directly leads to a practice that feels better and sustains you more easily.
That’s why the resources in this section are aimed at what you need to focus on over time. In this section, you’ll find articles that help you sort out who you’re here to help, how to think about your fees and how to get more clients. You’ll find concrete steps you can take to change things right now and concepts you’ll need to think about for a while.
Not quite ready to talk with me? Other practitioners find my videos, articles and emails helpful, so I hope you’ll subscribe!
Enter your details to receive my best ideas, articles, videos and tips in your inbox about every 2 weeks. I won’t overwhelm you—but I promise to send you information about opportunities to grow your practice in a way that feels right to you.
Other stages I can help with
You’re just starting, and what you need – right now – is clients. You’re unclear about how to get them, overwhelmed by what you think you need to do… and you have very little idea how to do it.
You know what you’re doing, and it’s not enough to get what you want: people want to be fixed… you want them to grow through your work. You long to align your life purpose and your practice.
Ready to Get Started?
For Help that Makes a Difference … Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter your details to receive my FREE 5-day email course with my best tips, notifications of new relevant articles and occasional offers to help you become more successful.