Welcome to my awesome mastermind partner, Lisa Marie Platske! Our guest blogger today, Lisa Marie is President of Upside Thinking, hostess of
The Leadership Success Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Ontario, CA.
Get all the details at
Do You Stand Above the Competition, or Fade into the Background?
I was born with the gift of hospitality, and fell in love with the art of leadership in my teens. Why? Well, leadership is influence — nothing more and nothing less.
As a small business owner, leadership is the difference between a waiting list for your services, a long line of happy clients, or simply scraping by.
- “Where are you headed?”
- “Who is following you?”
- “Are you going someplace worth following?”
Sometimes it’s just a little shift, sometimes it’s a major overhaul — but change is simply part of what confronts a business owner on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, many people aren’t sure where to start.
If you don’t make sure these 7 areas are in place in your business, they can cost you up to 21 hours a week, and more money every week than you want to think about!
Compare this to what you’re doing right now and see what needs to change.
- Create a Written Plan: Know what you want and why you want it. Then, write it down!
- Know Your Personality: Be aware of your strengths and understand how your personality affects what you want and the process of getting it. Identify your 5 strength traits. What make you uniquely you? Identify the 5 traits that are the obstacles to your success. If you aren’t sure, ask someone close to you what they would change about you if they could. You may be surprised. Then, choose one action that will move you towards being the best version of you – and do it until you become that version of you.
- Create Powerful Partnerships: Invest in what you do best and network the rest. Create powerful partnerships through shared interactions.
- Practice Presence: Understand how your physical image affects getting what you want. Hire someone to help you look great, even if you think you already do. Be present to life’s miracles, so you won’t miss out on living your life to the fullest. Have an attitude of gratitude and be grateful for the challenges as well as the opportunities. And, choose kindness over being right. Use the 15-second rule.
- Set Your Priorities: Find out where the best hours of your day are going, and make sure that you are in alignment with your values.
- Chart Your Progress: Evaluate! Evaluate! Evaluate! Examine your P&L statements, and spend time identifying what is working and what is getting in the way.
- Invest in Personal/Professional Development: Life-long learning is critical to your success. Leaders are readers, and learners are earners. What will you do to further develop who you are to get you closer to your definition of success?
In a changing world, what are you investing in or doing differently ensure that you get the results you want in business and in life?
May you experience incredible success as you choose to lead yourself personally and professionally in a manner that inspires others to do the same.
Lisa Marie Platske, President of Upside Thinking, Inc, (www.UpsideThinking.com) is an award-winning entrepreneur and dynamic inspirational speaker/trainer, known for her contagious high energy. In addition to conducting seminars throughout the U.S., she works one-on-one with coaching clients on her “Gateway to Greatness: Million-Dollar Make-over” 7-step leadership process. Client results include tripling their income, and up to 3 “extra” hours in their day. She is the author of Designing Your Destiny: Achieving Personal and Professional Success which has been hailed as “life-changing” by clients and colleagues alike. Her most recent book, Connection: The New Currency was released in August 2011. Lisa Marie is also the founder of the Leadership Success Summit (www.LeadershipSuccessSummit.com). ***And, if you want more, please join me for two-days of action-packed tips, tools, and strategies on January 27 – 28th, 2012 in Ontario, California at the 4th annual Leadership Success Summit. To register, visit www.LeadershipSuccessSummit.com.